Mainframe Outsourcing Economy – A joint webcast by SMT Data & Zangenberg Analytics
SMT Data and Zangenberg Analytics are hosting a one and a half hour webcast on how to best manage Performance and Capacity Management of your Mainframe Environment and enable Contract Optimization – join our webcast and gain new insight.
The webcast will be initiated with a presentation in English and there will be an interactive Q&A session during the presentation. As a participant you are required to register in advance. We will be making use of Zoom at the webinar.
This webcasts will be running on June 23rd 2020 from 09:00am to 10:30am. Please register by sending an email to: email@example.com stating your wish to participate. You will subsequently receive an invitation with a weblink.
The following topics will be covered in this webcast:
Part 1 Mainframe Contract Optimization and Mainframe Application Maintenance – by Frederik Bastkær Christensen, Partner and Managing Director, Zangenberg Analytics
Mainframe Contract Optimization
There is a number of possibilities for improving your Mainframe Contract. It is important to understand the most important price drivers, which we will be covered in this session:
- The current state of the Mainframe Market and its Key Players
- What am I paying for – decomposing the mainframe costs into its core elements (hardware, IBM software, 3rdparty software, operational scope, MIPS metrics, MIPS rating and consumptions patterns)
- Z12-z13 and z13-z15 discounts on MLC and AWLC costs
- Impact of vendors not sharing technical dividends during mainframe upgrades/transitions
- Optimization of your Mainframe Contracts (Scope of Service, Software, Cost Metrics incl. 4HRA, percentiles, hard cap, soft cap etc.
- Software costs make up the majority of mainframe costs – how do we optimize and leverage the various IBM and 3rd party structures to ensure price performance
- How does metrics impact MSU/MIPS pricing
- Case examples of commercial impact of metric interpretation by vendors
- How to improve price performance by using specialty engines (zIIP, ZAAP, IFL
- What is the optimal qay of buying zIIP/zAAP capacity (% GP MIPS price vs Engines)
Part 2 Outsourcer Transparency – by Steven Thomas, Chief Technology Officer, SMT Data
- The basic elements of CPU-based pricing for outsourced mainframes:
- Understanding MIPS and MSU
- The pitfalls of MIPS
- The mainframe outsourcer’s cost structure
- Billing models for outsourced mainframes
- How to follow up on your mainframe outsourcer
This webcast is presented by:
Frederik Bastkær Christensen, Partner and Managing Director, Zangenberg Analytics
Steven Thomas, CTO, SMT Data
23. juni, 2020 09:00 - 10:30