How to ensure the right price for your outsourced IT
A joint webinar by Zangenberg Analytics and SMT Data
Cost = Price x Quantity
The cost of outsourcing server infrastructure (e.g. Windows, Linux, UNIX, AS / 400) is a function of quantity and unit prices. In this webinar, we look at the possibilities of optimizing both parts of the calculation, as there is a lot of money at stake for most organizations.
It is important to follow market prices as certain unit prices decline by over 20% per year. At the same time, you must be aware that the risk of not optimizing your portfolio is that you easily end up paying for far more units than you actually utilize.
Zangenberg Analytics is a leading IT consultancy specialized in tracking IT outsourcing prices. SMT Data is a leader in measurements and optimization of operating platforms, also called “rightsizing”. In this webinar we will be showing you how to combine the two approaches.
Price: “Server outsourcing – the economy”, by Frederik Bastkær Christensen from Zangenberg Analytics
- The typical deal – focus areas and pitfalls
- Unit prices and their development over time
- Parameters affecting the price: Scope, SLAs and contract terms
- Price regulation and supplier management in outsourcing agreements
- Software management
Quantity: “Optimizing the infrastructure”, by Steven Thomas from SMT Data
- The case for optimization – actual examples
- Measurements of utilization – how?
- Optimization options
- Savings related to optimization
- Pitfalls in rightsizing
This webinar will be running on March 16th 2021 from 4pm to 5:30pm (CET). Please register HERE – you will receive a Teams link on the day of the webinar.